I often have folk who struggle to understand the things I write.
(Note: I have only begun stewarding this virtual mycelium. There are many hyperlinks which point to nowhere. This is intentional, albeit inconvenient for whose appetites for ideas is larger than what this place can provide. For that inconvenience, I apologise.
The following quotes are ones I have found useful in providing some way to see what I am meaning, to those whose worldview makes it otherwise illegible. These quotes exist in a cycle: the first is supported by the last.
- "Decolonization is accountable to Indigenous sovereignty and futurity."
- "Decolonization, which sets out to change the order of the world, is, obviously, a program of complete disorder. But it cannot come as a result of magical practices, nor of a natural shock, nor of a friendly understanding. Decolonization, as we know, is a historical process: that is to say it cannot be understood, it cannot become intelligible nor clear to itself except in the exact measure that we can discern the movements which give it historical form and content."
- "History is full of evidence that people can overthrow their oppressors without replacing them. To do so, they need reference to an egalitarian culture, or explicitly anti-authoritarian aims, structures, and means, and an egalitarian ethos. A revolutionary movement must reject all possible governments and reforms, so as not to be recuperated."
- "The present social organisation is not just delaying, it is also preventing and corrupting any practice of freedom. The only way to learn what freedom is, is to experiment it, and to do so you must have the necessary time and space."
- "[U]nderstand the existing order of today as without potential for a positive agenda. Whatever we build within its bounds will be co-opted, destroyed, or turned against us[.]"
- "[I]t is not useful to talk about the society you ‘hold in your stomach’, the things you would do ‘if only you got power’, or the vision that you believe that we all share. What is useful is the negation of the existing world." - Nihilism, Anarchy, and the 21st Century by Aragorn!
- "Neither victory nor defeat is important, but only the beautiful shining of our eyes in combat.” - A Conversation Between Anarchists